Capo - Bregenzerwald - Gebhardsberg - Vorarlberg History Museum

June 22nd
Albert and Doris took me through the Bregenzerwald and down to the new history museum in Bregenz today. First we stopped by Capo - a local hat shop - to get me a typical Bregenzerwald hat to match my Lederhosen. Afterwards we took a nice ride through the Bregenzerwald, taking me to many little towns I hadn't seen before. I feel confident I've seen at least 80% of the towns in the Bregenzerwalds, and probably all of Vorarlberg for that matter. In Sulzberg (different than Salzburg) we grabbed lunch at a little restaurant. The fog was so thick that it covered the "panoramic view" from the restaurants "sun terrace". Lunch was great, and with my hat I felt at home with the locals. After lunch we checked out the town a little bit, the church and the cemetery were right near by. A new museum opened up in Bregenz this weekend, and as a grand celebration entrance was free both Saturday and Sunday. On the way down we stopped to take some pictures and to visit Gebhardsberg. It is a small church popular for weddings perched on the cliff over Bregenz. I have been eying it all year, and finally I got to visit it. The view was breathtaking. We checked around back and noticed a wedding reception was currently underway, and a friend of Albert and Doris came over to say hello. We finally made it to the museum mid-afternoon and took a look through the 4 stories of history. It was chocked full of antiques, photos, interactive displays and cool architecture. We spent a good hour or so making our way through the whole building, and by the time we were done a rest in the garden sounded pretty good, so we headed home.










































This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply