District Conference Bregenz

June 7th
This morning we got to chill and spend time together in Feldkirch. But in the afternoon we took the bus to Bregenz for the district conference. It was in the Festspielhaus and was hosted by the Bregenz Rotary Club. We socialized with our Rotary officials for a little while, had some refreshments, then went onto the main stage. We came in alphabetical order organized by country and grouped onto the stage. We then sang a song. It was terrible, we had only practiced it twice and the Rotarians made us try it again 3 times because it was so bad. Oh well, we tried. Afterwards we went outside and onto a boat docked at the Festspielhaus. The boat took us on a ride around the Bodensee, over to Lindau, around some loops, then back to Bregenz. The sun set on the lake, they were playing cellos and fine music and serving refreshing drinks and snacks. I felt truly classy. I spent most of the evening with Leah, and I'm glad I did. She's great, and is coming to visit Vorarlberg in a week. After taking the bus back to Feldkirch we had our last night together as a group. It was pretty much just a night full of crying and celebrating. I got to spend it with someone really important to me, and I'm grateful for that because there's not much time left.








This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply